Monday, January 4, 2010

My Agent Tells Me I Should Run These Races...

A new calendar year brings a new set of races. 2010 will usher in one of my longest standing goals, which is to run the JFK 50. This race means a lot to me for a variety of reasons and after crewing for my friend in ’09 I now know that 2010 is my year. I intend to post a detailed blog about the significance of the JFK 50 in the coming weeks.

Outside of tackling the JFK I plan to check out at least one more marathon. After my first marathon, my mom (bless her heart) gave me one of those 26.2 stickers for my car. I feel like I need to run a few more so when people ask me about the sticker I can name drop the marathons.

I plan to also enjoy some unique races such as the Xterra Trail Race and the Allen Stone. If you ever get a chance, you need to do an Xterra race. They hold them throughout the country and the organizers always put on a great event. I did one of their events in PA a few years ago and I was lucky enough to the win the race. As a thank you for making the three hour trip the Race Director hooked me up with some gear. I will always remember how down to earth everyone was during the event.

Below, you will see a 24 Hour Race penciled in for May. This is still up in the air for a variety of the factors. A good friend of mine has organized a team (4 of us) to run this race, but I’m not sure how my body will handle it. It’s an 8 mile trail run that repeats itself with each member switching on and off. The main goal for our team is break the current course record for a team. Which would force me to run 4-5 laps (32-40 miles).

Knowing me I’ll probably switch a race or two around and add another one in it’s place. I really would like to find a sprint TRI as well. Let me know of any legit cool races in the Mid-Atlantic! If you plan on running one of the races listed below, please let me know!

Btw, do you say 2,010 or 20-10? Somebody make this decision for me.

Virginia is for Lovers 14k- Virginia Beach, VA February
Shamrock Marathon- Virginia Beach, VA March
Dismal Swamp 1/2 Marathon- Chespeake, VA April
24 HOUR ADVENTURE TRAIL RUN-Washington, DC- May
Xterra Trail Race (10k)- Richmond, VA June
Allen Stone Memorial Run-Swim-Run- Virginia Beach, VA -July
All Access 5k- I’m the Race Co-Director so I guess I should show up. (new site being launched soon) Virginia Beach, VA- September
Rock N Roll 1/2 Marathon- Virginia Beach, VA-August
Wicked 10k- Virginia Beach, VA-October 2010
JFK 50 Miler- Hagerstown, MD- November

1 comment:

  1. My husband and I love Xterra races! I wish they were every month here...I guess I could travel the US and find one every month but....your schedule looks full and fun, good luck!!

    ReplyDelete