Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Need a spring marathon...shamROCK ON!











The Shamrock Marathon (1/2 and 8k) will be taking place March 20/21, 2010 and they have me on the hook again.  After dropping a 10 min PR last year in the 1/2 I plan to tackle the full marathon.  Granted, a 10 min PR was due to more training, but several other factors played into the drop....the course is very flat and the weather is perfect for distance running in March (45-55 degrees).  The course takes you along the oceanfront which provides for some stellar views. 


Shamrock was Runner Up, as the Most Family-Friendly Marathon by Runner’s World Magazine in the January 2010 issue. I actually ran the Richmond Marathon back in November which at one time was voted the Friendliest Marathon in the U.S.  Nothing against Richmond, but Shamrock blows them out of the water.  From a great expo, to the very family friendly event, and the BEST after party you can’t replace this marathon experience.  The party takes place on the BEACH with a huge tent that holds such goodies as a great band, hot soup, and BEER.  Treat yourself to a few beers after you rock a PR- you won’t be sorry! 


Maybe, I am a little bias since I live less than 5 miles from the start and the folks over at J&A Racing are some of the nicest people out there, but I truly believe you WONT forget the racing experience.  Hit me up on twitter (@iamconrad) if you will be attending race weekend.  I have a huge crew coming into town so I’m thinking about holding a large pasta party Friday night.


Only 80 days, 21 hours until the gun....SIGN UP already!


PS- added bonuses: sweet Brooks tech shirts and killer medals!


http://www.shamrockmarathon.com 

http://www.jandaracinginc.com/ (for their other races) 







No comments:

Post a Comment